Thursday, May 1, 2014

Maravilla Beach Club

A call from a magazine editor took me by surprise one Wednesday night. I was told to pack up by clothes and go to Bantayan (the tip of Cebu) the following day. She wanted me to write the cover story of their May issue. 


The next thing I knew was meeting my photographer friend Ian Javier and make-up artist and stylist Romero Vergara at the magazine's office. We were fetched by a car that took us a couple of hours tracking to a place called Tabuelan.

Ian, Rom and I checked-in at Maravilla Beach Club at 5PM. The place was simple but very special. It was very special in the sense that it was not too big and not too small to know and stroll entirely; the caretakers and owners were absolutely friendly and accommodating- it's like we've known each other for so long; there were Labradors! Well-groomed Labradors! And lastly, we were the only ones who checked-in that time. We owned the place, baby! \m/ 

Before dusk came, I took the opportunity to take snapshots of the place.















Morning came and it gave me the chance to capture yesterday's views in a different perspective.











As early as 8AM, my team and I checked-out of the beach club to continue tracking to a place where a boat was waiting for our arrival. The boat took two hours in taking us to our final destination, Mambacayao Island.

In my next post, I'll be showing you my shots of the very adorable Labradors and Mambacayao Island. Stay tuned!

2 comments: