Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why I Bought a DSLR

Prior to purchasing Sebastian, I consulted friends both thrift and extravagant, and amateur and professional photographers as to what type of camera fits me. Many of them answered a camera that is of a size of a point and shoot but with the power of a digital single reflex (DSLR).


Obviously, I didn't take their word. I bought a DSLR. But! I did considered their points.

When I'm in doubt, aside from eating, I weight in the pros and cons of the matter. And so that time when I was at the edge of decision-making, I wrote the reasons why I should and shouldn't buy a DSLR. The graphic above is a screenshot of my notes weeks before I bought Sebastian.

I told myself that a DSLR is hefty, heavy and pilfers so much space in a bag. But one powerful reason made me strong and firm with my decision to buy a DSLR and that is to learn photography.

It does not matter to me whether I have to deal with heavy tools, carry big devices and limit the space in my bag as long as I'll be able to fulfill my desire to take very good snapshots.

What's the aim of this post? I wrote this post to share to everyone that I didn't buy Sebastian to be 'in' with the season. I am not that kind of person. I'm always out of the bandwagon and I am so picky with what I use my hard-earned money with.

Let this post  be an inspiration for you to buy only the things that you need; sometimes, want. Don't do something that will cost you much just to be 'in'. In the end, it will only make you sad and regretful.

No comments:

Post a Comment