Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lesson One: Photography and Exposure

Early in the morning I went out of the house and stayed in a place conducive to learning. All I had was Basty and his manual. After hours of reading, comprehending and applying the lessons and tips from the manual, I stopped and headed back home.


I didn't want to rush things. As much as I wanted to learn everything right  there and then, I drew the line of patience and forcefully calmed myself to understand that the whole activity is a step by step process and a lot of practice has to be done.

Summary of Learnings
  • Photography is about recording light. In whatever form, style or language, photography is basically light. The picture is the result of light that was captured at the moment the device was made to.
  • Exposure: Over and Under. Exposure is the amount of light that you took for your picture. A picture is over-exposed if it is very bright or if you see a plain white part that's not supposed to be plain white. Conversely, if a picture is under-exposed, it means it's too dark. If you think that the fries above is over-exposed. You got it right!
Under-exposed tables and chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment